Click here to print the Reimbursement Program Application for the school year 2017-18.
In an effort to streamline tribal mailings, applications for the School Supply Reimbursement Program will ONLY be available on our website at: peoriatribe.com Starting July 1, 2017, if you wish to receive a paper application, please contact Mandie Ferguson at the Tribal Office at 918-540-2535, and provide your mailing address at the beginning of each school year.
The Peoria Tribe of Indians of Oklahoma has established a program for reimbursement of school supplies or clothes for members of the Peoria Tribe of Indians of Oklahoma who are currently enrolled in grades K through 12. This will be an annual program subject to budget approval each year by the Peoria Tribal Business Committee.
The maximum amount per eligible student per school year is $500. Reimbursements will be made in accordance with the following Guidelines and made payable to the parent/guardian submitting the application. Reimbursement checks will be mailed to the address as listed on the application.
Examples of costs allowable for reimbursement under this program include paper, pencils, notebooks, backpacks, shoes, clothes, school uniforms, lab fees, activity fees, summer school fees, or other fees charged by the school system. All costs must be itemized on a printed receipt and submitted with the Program Application. All submitted receipts for the school year 2017-18 must be dated between May 1, 2017-May 31, 2018. Any receipts submitted not falling between these dates will be returned.
All applications for reimbursements must be submitted to the Education Director at the Peoria Tribal Office. Only one application will be accepted per student per period. Each student can only be reimbursed 3 time per school year not to exceed the $500 maximum.
|Period 1 - July 1st through July 31st||July 31st|
|Period 2 - August 1st through August 31st||August 31st|
|Period 3 - September 3rd through September 30th||September 30th|
|Period 4 - October 1st through October 31st||October 31st|
|Period 5 - November 1st through November 30th||November 30th|
|Period 6 - December 1st through December 31st||December 31st|
|Period 7 - January 1, 2018 through January 31, 2018||January 31, 2018|
|Period 8 - February 1st through February 28th||February 28, 2018|
|Period 9 - March 1st through March 31st||March 31, 2018|
|Period 10 - April 1st through April 30th||April 30, 2018|
|Period 11 - May 1st through May 31st||May 31, 2018|
|Period 12 - June 1st -June 30th||June 30, 2018|
Applications must be received by the deadline date to be processed for that period. Any incomplete applications or postage due applications will not be accepted and will be returned for your completion.
- Student must be an enrolled member of the Peoria Tribe of Indians of Oklahoma.
- Must provide with application a copy of the student’s tribal membership card.
- Student must be currently enrolled in grades K-12.
- Must provide original letter on official letterhead from school certifying the student’s enrollment for current school year, or a print off of the student’s current schedule or grades.
- Must provide original receipts; no copies will be accepted, however, copies will be accepted/reviewed on a case by case basis. Receipts submitted must be dated between May 1, 2017-May 31, 2018, showing date and amount of transaction with description of item purchased.
- The maximum annual amount to be reimbursed per student is $500 and will be made payable to the parent/guardian submitting the Program Application.
- June 31, 2017 closed out the school year 2016-17. A total of 661 applications have been received and processed. A total of $196,881.28 was reimbursed to the tribal members for the school year 2016-17.
- I mailed out 366 applications to tribal members ages 5-18, which had addresses on file with the reimbursement program, on June 19, 2017 for the school year 2017-18.
- In an effort to streamline tribal mailings, applications for the School Supply Reimbursement Program will ONLY be available on our website at: peoriatribe.com Starting July 1, 2017, if you wish to receive a paper application, please contact Mandie Ferguson at the Tribal Office at 918-540-2535, and provide your mailing address at the beginning of each school year.
Education Program Director